Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Analysis of Dorian Grey Opening.
Only the first 2:00.
This film has a really short but effective film opening. The way the titles are intergrated with the painting which is later explained in the film really helps set the narrative.
The slow pace of the titles also helps add to the atmosphere created by the non-diegetic eary music played. I think the use of acid like sizzling incorparted with the orcestrated music really builds a open narrative which helps intrege the viewer. Also how the music is well intergrated with the clip building at the right moments to add to the mystery.
I dont like the bright insterution logos at the begining since they dont fit with the tence begining. I would have edited the logos so that they where darker and more eary so they fit well with the opening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment