Friday, February 1, 2013

Preliminary Tast Evaluation

I felt that our Preliminary task went well there are many things which could definitely be improved but in a whole as a first task we felt that it worked.

Plot + Genre
I think that the plot was clear. You could see that it was a police interrogation about a murder. Also you could tell it was a Horror because of the generic conventions such as the blood and undead character. I think the murder could have been clearer with maybe a close up on the photo of the dead girl to show the clear link between the villain and the murder.

Camera + Editing
I think that we could have been better with the actual filming because the camera is quiet shaky at times. Also some of the shots are unfocused. Also our shot revers shot wasn't as smooth as i would have liked, the angle wasn't right either. I think the best bit of camera and editing was our two match on actions. I think the cuts between the doors worked really well and was smooth. To improve this i would use a steady cam for the tracking and angle the shot reverse shot better.

Sound
I thought that most of the sound worked really well. Some sound effects could have been better timed, this would be imporved with better editing. I also felt that the radio transmition at the begining could have been clearer, since the words are lost behind the effect.

If i was to remake this i would take more time in making sure all the shots and angles where right and spend time in making the editing smooth. i would also recorde the sound in better quality so that it isnt lost in the scene. I would also make the plot clearer by adding more shots of the dead girl so you know what the interrogation is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment